We are extremely excited to be launching our new Ignite Apprenticeship Programme this Autumn 2021. If you are looking for an immediate hands-on experience in the Digital Marketing world doing real and rewarding work from the day you join us then this is for you.
You will receive excellent on-the-job training from our highly respected and experienced team. As a full member agency of the prestigious Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) we are able to integrate and support a fully structured IPA learning programme with courses and workshops recognised globally. Not only does this boost your CV credentials but importantly gives you the tools to make a big impact in our team. In addition to learning your chosen specialism within Digital Marketing, we will also develop your business acumen as well as essential skills for your future career. You will be supported by a senior level mentor within our team for your time with us. This mentor will be there not just for the time of your apprenticeship but if you decide to stay with us and start building your career.
Part of our Apprenticeship scheme is rotational, designed to give you a broad understanding of our business and to equip you with a wide range of skills and knowledge. You’ll be given challenging work that will stretch you and enable you to contribute to the success of the business. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable, and willing to make the most of every opportunity that comes your way.
Is it for me?
Are you curious, eager to learn and try new things? Can you think on your feet and make quick, intelligent and commercial decisions? Can you combine strong analytical and creative skills with an ability to build solid relationships? If you’re answering yes to these questions, our apprenticeship programme is for you.
Business Administration Apprentice
The business operations team is essential in supporting the running of Digital Fuel. It is where key business decisions and group strategy are implemented. Within the operations team you will get the opportunity to work closely with the management team, reporting directly into the Group Managing Director.
You will work on projects focused on the operation of the business. You will gain an appreciation of how closely each part of the business must work together to deliver for our clients as well as what is necessary to drive the business forward. You will learn on the job by working with an experienced professional team and have allocated study time to complete course work.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide a supportive administrative service to the professional services team
- Diary management for senior management team
- Meeting organisation - collate and prepare papers, take minutes
- Assist the Health & Safety Officer with tasks such as meeting minutes, agendas, and organising H&S inductions
- Perform general administrative tasks, including the coordination of department events, such as new starter inductions
- Assistance in maintaining the company intranet pages
- Handle general enquiries and correspondence as the first point of contact, draft replies to straightforward enquiries and refer others as appropriate, sort and distribute incoming post, monitor the general email to ensure all enquiries are responded to or passed to relevant members of staff
- Basic computer programmes, e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, and emails
- Good organisation, communication, and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Willing to learn and to take responsibility for their own development
- Able and willing to follow instructions and learn new tasks.
Our HR department has been growing exponentially and you will be joining at a peak of innovation and change. We will support you to develop the administrative skills and knowledge needed for a thriving career either in HR or wider business.
You won’t need to have previous experience. What’s most important is that you’re self-motivated and approach your work in a methodical way. In return, you’ll get plenty of support and encouragement from our dynamic team.
In this role, you’ll assist the Managing Director with the roll out of our apprenticeship strategy across our business. You’ll help with the planning and preparation for new apprenticeships across our organisation; ensure documentation is being updated and you’ll collect information from new starters. You’ll also get involved with other administrative tasks within the HR team. Either way, you’ll show that you’re dependable, adaptable and enjoy seeing tasks through to completion.
You can rest assured; you’ll get plenty of guidance and coaching along the way. We also have a clear progression path to recognise the improvements you’ll make as you learn.
What you’ll deliver:
- You’ll provide administrative support
- You’ll assist with recruitment and Ignite programme planning and preparation
- You’ll collate all required new starter information
- You’ll ensure all HR documentation is up to date
- You’ll assist with recruitment process
- You’ll provide first line of support and advice to managers around the business
- You’ll help to update the intranet and Company website on vacancies and HR news
- You’ll provide any support to the HR department, including co-ordinating one off and regular events.
What you bring to the role:
- You’ll be self-motivated, passionate, and highly organised in your approach
- You’ll have a Grade 4 or above (pass) in Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- You’ll have good IT / computer literacy skills
- You’ll have a passion for helping others and delivering the best possible service
- You have excellent time management abilities to complete the apprenticeship
- You’re confident speaking with others and engaging with new and different people.
The Paid Media team drives traffic and ultimately customer acquisition and brand awareness for our clients. We work to understand who our client’s target customers are, so we can find suitable traffic across various media platforms, overlaying audience and industry insights to drive customers at the right time and at the right cost, delivering ROI for our clients. Within the Paid Media team, you will get the opportunity to learn how paid media channels fit into the wider marketing mix and conversion funnel. Supporting other members of the team, you will learn how to plan and executive paid media campaigns across core platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook as well as Display, Native, Remarketing and App activity. This will give you experience and the skills to monitor, optimise and analyse campaigns across international brands.
Within the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) team, you will gain exposure and get hands-on experience with audience research, copywriting, on-page SEO, off-page SEO & Outreach, conversion optimisation, app store optimisation and technical SEO audit including knowledge of algorithms and ranking factors. You’ll also gain a working knowledge of tracking and analytics. Whilst this role seems quite broad, it actually gives you a taste of a variety of digital marketing skills that will enable you to specialise in an area you’re passionate about whilst maintaining a broad understanding of owned media channels & the wider marketing mix.
The Design and Development team is where the creative side of what we do, internally and for our clients, comes together. From simple banner ads to complex websites and apps, we work closely with the other marketing teams - budgeting, planning, prototyping, designing, examining user experience, customer journeys and conversions - ultimately delivering our programmers the blueprints to make cool stuff. As part of this team you will get practical hands-on experience in all aspects of design for web and print and/or programming for all variety of web applications, depending on your specialization. This role is all about coming up with solutions to creative challenges, keeping up to date with the constantly changing evolution in technologies, and hopefully learning something new every day. When it all comes together it is incredibly satisfying.
Being part of the Client Services team means you become part of the lifeblood of the agency, you will get visibility and form leading insights within all aspects of digital marketing. You will work alongside each of the various marketing teams to deliver excellence for the clients, working to achieve the client's objectives for the campaign, and the realisation of the monthly budgets that have been aligned. You will be part of the team that needs to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders, to identify pinch points / barriers to growth whilst ensuring we meet our deliverables each month. You will build a broad knowledge in all marketing channels, with a leading view as to how they all link together in the customer life cycle. It’s down to the Client Services team to grow accounts and secure the budget, you will need to think fast, be confident in your direction and work as part of a team. It’s fast paced, and you will require a head for detail, but when it all comes together it's an amazing feeling! Role attributes:
- Regular client contact calls / Main Point of contact
- Strategy Alignment
- Problem Solving
- Monthly Invoicing
- Delivering Incremental Growth
- Setting 3/6/9/12 month Strategy
- Aligning Contracts vs Deliverables
- Forecasting Performance
- Pitching for New Business